Advanced Surgical Care
Surgical Weight Loss
“We’re happy to provide care to any and all types of patients that want to come here, whether they’ve just moved to the area or they’ve transferred their care from another provider.”
– Jessica MacPhail, NP, EMMC Family Medicine, Husson Ave.
EMMC Family Medicine is currently accepting new patients in many of its practices.
Last June, Robert Nichols of Waterville was playing a round of golf, just like he had done hundreds of times before. But something was different this time. When he got to the fifth hole, his chest began to hurt, and he just wasn’t feeling well. Robert was having a heart attack.
Read more about the many other life-saving stories that take place every day at EMMC Heart Care.
EMMC is the specialty referral hospital for the northern two-thirds of Maine, providing leading-edge programs in cancer, surgery, and cardiac care, among many others.
Our passion is providing the best patient care possible with a focus on excellent service, clinical quality, and patient safety. A committed partner to our patients and community, we believe nothing should stand in the way of quality healthcare.
Click here to find out more about EMMC's Modernization Project.
Serving our communities is at the heart of EMMC’s nonprofit mission. That's why we invest in resources that help improve the health of the people living in the northern two-thirds of Maine.
Learn how EMMC is making a difference in our communities every day.
(Bangor, Maine) - Due to today's stormy weather, several EMMC physician practices are closing early, including:
- Surgical Endoscopy of Maine - 2 pm
- Pediatric Specialty Clinics - 2 pm
- Infectious Disease Professional Service - 2 pm
- Cardiothoracic Surgery of Maine - 2:30 pm
- Gynecology Associates of Maine - 2:30 pm
- EMMC Family Medicine Center and Residency - 3 pm
- Gastroenterology Center of Maine- 3:30 pm
- Northeast Surgery of Maine - 3:30 pm
- Focus Eye Care of Maine - 4 pm
- Retina Associates of Maine - 4 pm
- EMMC Family Medicine in Hampden - 4:15 pm
- EMMC Family Medicine on Husson Avenue - 4:30 pm
- EMMC Internal Medicine on Husson Avenue - 4:30 pm
- EMMC Pediatric Medicine on Husson Avenue - 4:30 pm
EMMC practices that will be closed have reached out to patients to reschedule appointments. Patients who have questions or need to cancel an appointment are asked to contact their healthcare provider’s office.
Walk-In Care on Union Street will be open until 7 pm tonight, and the Emergency Department at the State Street hospital is open around the clock for any urgent healthcare needs.