The Care Management Department at Eastern Maine Medical Center is a group of nurses, social workers and support staff who work as a team to provide patients with a range of services. Some of these services are:
- Coordinating and helping patients and families understand the medical plan of care while being at the medical center.
- Arranging services that patients may need after discharge such as visiting nurses, equipment and rehabilitation.
- Helping patients and families cope with the emotional stress and impact of a hospitalization.
- Assuring that the right care is delivered timely and in the right setting.
- Negotiating with all types of insurance companies including Medicare and MaineCare to assure patient’s needs are met.
- Answering questions about the plan of care and discharge in a way patient’s and families can understand.
You can reach the EMMC Care Management Department by dialing (207) 973-7835 or fax (207) 973-5976 during normal business hours.