Many patients come to EMMC each week for infusion services. The time they spend helps to create a strong bond with our employees. Over time, we become part of their families, and our hospital becomes a home away from home.
Recently, feedback from patients and their families was used to design a new Infusion Center at EMMC. The new center, located at EMMC’s State Street campus, is intended to be less like a medical space, and more like a home. The patient rooms are cozy and private. Televisions, boxed lunches, and other items help pass the time as patients receive their infusions.
We provide the following services to adult patients ages 18 and older, and patients under the age of 18 who are adult size and have received their initial treatment:
- IV antibiotics
- Anemia management therapy
- Blood product transfusions
- IV medication for multiple sclerosis, rheumatoid arthritis, or Crohn’s disease
- Intravenous immunoglobulin infusions (IVIG) for the immune suppressed patients
- Peripherally inserted central catheter (PICC) line management with routine care
- Port-a-cath care with monthly flushes
- Hydration therapy
- Hepatitis, rabies, tetanus, etc.
- Disease specific injections:
- Asthma, multiple sclerosis, hormonal deficiencies
- Management of chronic kidney disease
- Anticoagulation therapy
- Lab collections
- Nasal swabs, foley specimens, port-a-cath, and PICC draws
The Infusion Center is open Monday thru Friday from 7 am to 7:30 pm. Weekend services are provided to established patients.
Directions to the Infusion Center from EMMC’s Main Entrance:
The center is located on Kelly 4. Take the main elevator to the fourth floor. Take a left out of the elevator and proceed down the long corridor that runs along the river. Kelley 4 is the first door on the left. Pass through the Cardiac Pre-Admission area and proceed to the Infusion Center. Please report to the nurses’ station, located halfway down the corridor on the right, upon arrival.
If you are interested in receiving services at EMMC’s Infusion Center, please contact your primary care provider. Please call 973-4152 or fax 973-9549 with additional questions.