Having a critically injured or critically sick child is scary for parents, family, and friends. Traditionally, staff in the Pediatric Intensive Care Unit (Pediatric Intensive Care Unit) helps monitor, medicate, and care for these children. While EMMC has a dedicated pediatric intensive care unit, many hospitals throughout our state do not. Tele-Pediatric Intensive Care Unit supports neighboring hospitals in our state the same leading-edge doctors, intensivists, and treatments that EMMC has to offer.
Hospitals who connect to EMMC through our Tele-Pediatric Intensive Care Unit program will receive:
- 24/7 access to certified pediatric intensivists for emergent and critical patients
- Direct interactivity with EMMC’s Lifeflight
- Pediatric Intensive Care Unit/ emergency medical consult
- Pediatric Intensive Care Unit transfer/ transport planning
- Nursing and physician transfer reports
Statistically, children are some of the most at risk patients during critical situations. Tele-Pediatric Intensive Care Unit can help to provide best possible outcome for a child in need.