Advanced Surgical Care
Surgical Weight Loss
“We’re happy to provide care to any and all types of patients that want to come here, whether they’ve just moved to the area or they’ve transferred their care from another provider.”
– Jessica MacPhail, NP, EMMC Family Medicine, Husson Ave.
EMMC Family Medicine is currently accepting new patients in many of its practices.
Last June, Robert Nichols of Waterville was playing a round of golf, just like he had done hundreds of times before. But something was different this time. When he got to the fifth hole, his chest began to hurt, and he just wasn’t feeling well. Robert was having a heart attack.
Read more about the many other life-saving stories that take place every day at EMMC Heart Care.
EMMC is the specialty referral hospital for the northern two-thirds of Maine, providing leading-edge programs in cancer, surgery, and cardiac care, among many others.
Our passion is providing the best patient care possible with a focus on excellent service, clinical quality, and patient safety. A committed partner to our patients and community, we believe nothing should stand in the way of quality healthcare.
Click here to find out more about EMMC's Modernization Project.
Serving our communities is at the heart of EMMC’s nonprofit mission. That's why we invest in resources that help improve the health of the people living in the northern two-thirds of Maine.
Learn how EMMC is making a difference in our communities every day.
As a patient, family member, or legally responsible party, you have the right to know all EMMC rules and what we expect of you.
As a patient, family member, or legally responsible party, we ask that you:
• Provide accurate and complete information about the patient’s current healthcare problems, past illnesses, hospitalizations, medications, and other matters relating to your health.
• Report any condition that puts you at risk, such as allergies, hearing problems, use of recreational or illegal substances.
• Report unexpected changes in the patient’s condition to the healthcare professionals.
• Provide a copy of your Advance Directive, Living Will, POLST form, Durable Power of Attorney for healthcare.
RESPECT AND CONSIDERATION
As a patient, family member, or guardian, we ask that you:
• Recognize and respect the rights of other patients, families, and staff. Threats, violence, or harassment of other patients and EMMC staff will not be tolerated.
• Comply with EMMC’s “no tobacco” policy. If you have concerns about this, please speak with your care providers.
• Illegal activity on EMMC property will be reported to the local police department.
As a patient, family member, or legally responsible party we ask that you:
• Become an active, involved, and informed member of the healthcare team.
• Ask questions if you are concerned about your health or safety or you do not understand.
• Remind all caregivers to wash their hands or use hand sanitizer before taking care of you.
• Be informed about your medications and why you are
• Ask all staff to identify themselves.
As a patient you are responsible for your decisions if you refuse care or do not follow care instructions.
As a patient you are responsible for paying for the healthcare that you received as promptly as possible.
As a patient you are expected to follow the care plans suggested by the healthcare professionals. You should work with your healthcare team to develop a plan that you will be able to follow while at EMMC and after you leave.